Monday, March 8, 2010

Mandoo Bar (New York, NY)

We were looking for a place to eat in between the used CD store and the theatre and apparently that's just where Koreatown happens to be. Totally randomly I chose Mandoo Bar online. J and I had never actually had the pleasure (that we knew of) of eating Korean food before. I had tried kimchi once at a Vietnamese restaurant but that was as close as we had come. Mandoo Bar specializes in mandu, little dumplings. We tried the pork mandu and they were delicious. All the mandu are made right in the front of the restaurant by two ladies who do nothing other than make mandu all day long. Here they are. The picture below is our Goon Mandu. We also decided to try the Seafood Noodles and the Bulgogi. J really enjoyed the metal chop sticks that are customary for Koreans.
He thought the Seafood Noodles weren't all that different than the Shrimp Yaki-Udon that he gets at the Japanese restaurant in our town. I didn't like them as much as the Bulgogi, which I would love to be able to make for myself. Now that I've had some Korean food, I can't wait to be able to experience it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment