Kurdish Carrot Fritters (adapted from Food Bridge)
5 medium sized carrots (about 2 cups), finely grated
1 yellow onion, grated
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 salt or to taste
1/8 tsp Ras el hanout
Canola oil for frying
Labneh for serving
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
- Create round flat fritters from the mixture, about 1 tbsp per fritter.
- Heat oil in a pan, enough so that it comes half way up the fritters.
- Fry fritters until golden brown, on both sides.
- Remove on to paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve with labneh or yogurt.