Soup Meal #1 Swiss Chicken Casserole
(adapted from allrecipes.com)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2.5 cups dry bread stuffing mix (seasoned)
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 package frowzen chopped broccoli
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange chicken breasts in the baking dish. Break up broccoli and spread around chicken. Place one slice of Swiss cheese on top of each chicken breast. Combine cream of chicken soup and milk in a medium bowl, and pour over chicken breasts. Sprinkle with Mix stuffing mix with melted butter and pour over top.
- Bake 40 minutes uncovered, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Soup Meal #2
Chicken Enchiladas (from allrecipes.com)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast meat (I sauteed mine with cumin and chili powder)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the green onion until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes). Add the garlic powder, then stir in the green chiles, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Mix well. Reserve 3/4 of this sauce and set aside. To the remaining 1/4 of the sauce in the saucepan, add the chicken and 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Stir together.
- Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up. Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the reserved 3/4 of the sauce with the milk. Pour this mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
The best meal of the week according to J (and I might have to agree...if only I could remember what else I cooked...oh yeah Rachel Ray's Greek Goulash without the gremolata. Go check out foodnetwork.com for that one it is delicious) was the Golden Potato Soup which I made more or less from scratch (meaning I used canned broth instead of my own as one of the ingredients). I don't have a picture but it was fantastic! Finally allrecipes had a good one after 2 not so hot recipes.
Golden Potato Soup (adapted from allrecipes.com) Soup Meal #3 (homemade variety)
- 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded American cheese or velveeta
- 1 cup cubed ham
- In a large stock pot add potatoes, celery, onion, chicken bouillon, water and parsley flakes. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until vegetables become tender.
- In a separate bowl mix flour and milk. Once it is well blended, add to soup mixture and cook until soup becomes thick.
- Stir in cheese, cooked ham and simmer until cheese is melted.