Beef Noodles with Oyster Sauce (adapted from Chinese Cooking)
1/2 lb beef thinly sliced into strips
9 oz. fresh Chinese Egg Noodles (found near the wonton wrappers in the store)
2 tbsp peanut oil
1 bunch fresh asparagus, woody ends removed and chopped (1.5" pieces)
2 clove garlic, chopped
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
4 tbsp fat free beef broth
1 1/2 tbsp rice wine
2 tbsp oyster sauce (found in the International aisle in the store)
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp rice wine
- In a non-metallic bowl mix marinade ingredients and add the beef. Marinate at least 15 minutes.
- Boil the noodles according to the package, drain and rinse and set aside.
- Heat the wok over high heat. Add half the oil and heat.
- Add the asparagus and stir-fry one minute.
- Add the beef and marinade to the wok (carefully). Stir-fry until medium.
- Remove beef and asparagus from pan.
- Heat the rest of the oil and stir-fry garlic, ginger, and onion until onion is soft.
- Add broth, wine, and oyster sauce and bring to a boil, continuing to stir.
- Return the beef and asparagus to wok with noodles. Mix everything together and sprinkle with sesame seeds.