This is a great concept. So easy, affordable and fast! The only problem I still have is that I don't REALLY like eggs. They look so delicious and creamy, smooth. As a child I really only ate scrambled ages or omelettes. I wanted to like the fried sunny side up eggs my parents made and would eat them once in a while but had a hard time stomaching them. In college I tried to enjoy egg salad one Easter season. Since them I can eat poached eggs (with something like toast) and eggs benedict (variation on poached). I still can't stand hard boiled. So I decided baked eggs deserved a shot as well.
Baked Eggs in Toast Cups
4 pieces sliced bread (crusts removed)
1 tsp butter
1 tsp pesto
1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each piece of bread.
- Grease 4 tins of a muffin tin and fill the rest with a few centimeters of water.
- Press each piece of bread into the muffin tins.
- Break one egg into each bread cup.
- Sprinkle each egg with salt and pepper and top with 1/4 tsp of butter.
- Bake eggs until reach desired done-ness, 8-10 minutes.
- Mix pesto and olive oil and drizzle over finished eggs.