Tuscan Pork Pita (adapted from Weight Watchers)
1 wheat pita
3 oz. pork loin, sliced in rounds, pounded to 1/8" thickness
1/2 small tomato, sliced thinly
several basil leaves
1/4 cup sliced eggplant
2 tbsp roasted red peppers
1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic, grated
3/4 tsp rosemary
- Heat broiler on high heat.
- Mix olive oil, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Coat pork slices with dressing.
- Press eggplant into breadcrumbs and broil each side for approx. 4 min on each side. Set aside.
- Press pork slices into breadcrumbs. Broil approx. 5 min on each side or until done. Set aside.
- Wrap pita in wet paper towel and microwave 30 seconds.
- Fill pita with tomato slices, basil, pork, eggplant, and roasted red peppers.