Lemon Grass Chicken and Noodles (adapted from Weight Watchers)
5 sprays cooking spray
6 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
4 large scallions, white and light green parts thinly sliced
1 1/2 tbsp chopped lemongrass
2 cloves garlic minced
1 cup fat free chicken broth
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
zest of 1 lime
1/2 tsp crushed red paper flakes
8 oz whole wheat linguine
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
(1 tbsp hoisin sauce, thinned with a few tbsps chicken broth)
- Cook pasta according to package, keep hot.
- Coat a large wok with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 5 minutes, until golden brown on all sides.
- Add scallions, lemongrass and garlic and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add broth, soy sauce, zest and red pepper flakes and bring to a simmer. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove a few tablespoons of hot broth from wok and mix with cornstarch. Add slurry to wok.
- Add spaghetti and cook 1 minute to heat through. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Top with hoisin sauce as desired.