Friday, August 6, 2010

Cantaloupe and Cucumber Salad

I know I have written before about not really liking cantaloupe. This week we got one in the CSA. So I was trying to come up with something I could do with it. This is full of all kinds of fresh food from local gardens. I actually ended up eating this more like salsa instead of salad. I cut everything nice and small so it was really easy. So good! I don't really have anything else to say about it honestly.

Cantaloupe and Cucumber Salad (makes 1-2 cups)
1 cup diced cantaloupe
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/2 cucumber, diced
1/2 jalapeno, minced
1 scallion sliced
salt and pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1-2 inch cube of ricotta salata, crumbled

  1. Mix all ingredients together. Be sure to coat all pieces in oil and vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment