Baked Pea Dumplings (adapted from 101 Cookbooks)
2 cups frozen peas
2/3 cup light ricotta cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 small shallot, minced
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
zest of one large lemon
1/2 package of wonton wrappers
- Cook peas in boiling water for one minute. Drain well.
- With a food processor (or hand blender) blend the peas, ricotta cheese, olive oil, and salt into a puree.
- Return the mixture to a big bowl and stir in the shallots, Parmesan, and lemon zest.
- Fill the dumplings following the instructions on the wrapper packaging. Drop a very scant teaspoon of filling onto each wrapper, rub the perimeter of each wrapper with a wet finger seal, fold and set aside.
- At this point you can either freeze or bake off the dumplings. Freeze overnight on a cookie sheet and store in a freezer bag.
- Place dumplings on greased or parchment papered cookie sheet. Bake frozen dumplings for 20 min at 425 degrees or until golden. Check after 15 minutes. Makes just under 3 dozen dumplings.