Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Panko Chicken and Caprese Salad



I'm so happy I'm finally back from school, if for no other reason than that I can eat fresh produce. This week I bought a bunch of things that I haven't had this summer. Some of the best things have already had their peak season. Some woman who was shucking corn at the store told me that it was getting bad already. I HAVEN'T HAD ANY YET! Today I ate some of my peaches in a peach and mozzarella salad. If it comes out well tomorrow or Thursday, I will post it. I also bought some beautiful heirloom tomatoes for caprese salad. When you have really good quality tomatoes there isn't a need to add lots of extra ingredients. I splurged on good mozzarella as well. For the panko chicken I just pressed the panko seasoned with salt and pepper into the raw chicken. I found this worked much better than dipping the chicken in an egg wash first. Anyway these aren't really recipes so here are some pics just because it was so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment