Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Name Game

I love how all the food blogs out there have such interesting titles. I've never been very good at writing. Once I decided I wanted to try my hand at the blog business I thought about names since I knew that whatever was going to happen was going to happen content-wise. Ever since I can remember I have been pouring over cookbooks and recipes. As a result since I moved out on my own 2.5 years ago I have been slowly adding to my kitchen tools and trying as many recipes as I possibly can. So naturally I have been making notes along the way. I didn't even know that food blogs existed. I don't know why it didn't occur to me. All this time I have been scattering information through the internet on various recipe site so in this way I can put all my opinions or triumphs in one place with pictures and still be green by not printing everything out.

Now to the name...
My sister is strange and when we were little she started calling my grandmother Grambo. Soon everyone had a -bo name:
Grambo
Albo
Dadbo
Mambo
Stephbo
Brubo
Hanbo
Ebo
Fredbo
Alibo
Gorbo
and me Melbo.

I don't go by this name often. But when I was brainstorming titles that mean something to me and fit the theme my boyfriend suggested Melbo Toast since I love to eat melba toast. So hence the name Melbo's toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment