Monday, January 12, 2009

The Line-up

Being a recipe junkie I somehow stumbled on a web site which turned out to be a food blog about a week or two ago. I was thoroughly intrigued to say the least. Since then I have been investigating food blogs in general and amassing quite a few recipes to try. One of characteristics of being a recipe junkie is my habit of collecting recipes and trying to make something new every night. In the last two years I have been cooking for my boyfriend J we have rarely eaten the same thing twice. There are a few recipes which have made the cut and been requested a second time, but for the most part we are eating approximately 4 new recipes a week. Each week I choose the line-up and decide which days we are are eating what meals. I'm fairly novice in the kitchen when it comes to technique though well versed in theory (it must come from reading all the food books). This week's line-up is as follows Chicken with Roasted Pears and Wild Rice; Pear, Parmesan and Prosciutto Panini; (Pennsylvania Dutch) Pot Pie with Pot Roast; Caramelized Onion Flatbread with Gorgonzola and Spinach; conchiglie con broccoli; steak with peas with spinach and shallots.

The panini was eaten before there was sufficient time for pictures. However I will be posting the broccoli pasta dish. Ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment