Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bourbon Slush

This recipe comes from one of the ladies in my parents' neighborhood. We had a very tight knit neighborhood growing up. Everyone watched out for everyone else. The kids all played together in the cul-de-sacs. The neighborhood kids were like my cousins. Anyway the recipe for bourbon slush really has nothing to do with how great where I grew up was. I made this for the Labor Day Party. It was delicious (but for adults only).

Bourbon Slush

2 cups boiling water
5 tea bags
3/4 cup sugar
1 12 oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate
1/2 can frozen orange juice concentrate
2 cups bourbon (I use Makers Mark)
6 cups water

  1. Steep tea bags in boiling water. Remove after 5 minutes.
  2. Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
  3. Add lemonade and orange juice and stir until melted.
  4. Add bourbon and water and stir.
  5. Freeze at least 2 days. I use shallow Tupperware or Rubbermaid containers.
  6. To serve, scoop 1-1 1/2 scoops into small glasses. Poor ginger ale (or Sprite) over the slush, can be eaten with a spoon if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment