Orange-Flavored Pork and Sugar Snap Pea Stir-fry with Noodles
(adapted from Gourmet)
1 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp soy sauce
3/4 cup beef broth
1 tsp freshly grated orange zest
9 ounces Asian egg noodles
1 1/2 tbsp peanut oil
10 oz. pork loin, cut into 1/4-inch strips
1 garlic clove, grated
1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
1 pint sugar snap peas
- In a bowl dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce and stir in broth and zest.
- In a kettle of boiling water cook noodles until tender and drain well, follow packing directions.
- While noodles are cooking, in a wok heat oil over high heat until hot but not smoking
- Stir-fry garlic, gingerroot, onion, and peas until onion begins to be translucent.
- Stir-fry pork, patted dry and seasoned with salt and white pepper, until browned.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture. Simmer mixture until thickened. In a large bowl toss pork mixture with noodles.