Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's bok choy, baby!


I have been wanting to cook with bok choy for a while. This week I found that the newly renovated grocery store is now carrying soba noodles. I figured they would be the perfect vehicle for my baby bok choy. I personally really like these noodles. The dish wasn't quite as flavorful as I would have hoped but it was chock full of vegetables and we even had leftovers.

Soba Noodle Vegetable Stir-Fry

3 heads baby bok choy, sliced
1 sweet onion, sliced
4 cups baby spinach
1 tsbp grated ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 tsp sriracha
1/4 cup peanuts (I would omit these next time)
1 tbsp peanut oil
1 tsp sesame oil
6 oz soba noodles
  1. Cook soba noodles according to package.
  2. Heat peanut oil in frying pan. Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes. Add bok choy and cook until almost wilted.
  3. Add ginger, garlic and spinach, and cook until spinach wilts.
  4. Add the sauces and the peanuts and use tongs to coat vegetables in the sauce.
  5. Add soba noodles and sesame oil and tosss to coat. Serve hot.
I would definately use baby bok choy again. It was delicious! The noodles and the sauces didn't come out the way I wanted. I think I need more practice.

1 comment:

  1. I love bok choy. I always forget about it, but I absolutely love it. I love Trader Joe's baby bok choy even more!

    ReplyDelete