Creamy Carrot Soup (adapted from allrecipes.com) Serves 3 bowls or 5 cups
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tbsp butter
2 1/4 cups sliced carrots
1/2 large potato, peeled and cubed
15 oz. fat free low sodium chicken broth
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup half and half
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add carrots, potato, broth, nutmeg and ginger. Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Return all to the pan; stir in the half and half, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat until heated through.