Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fettuccine with Creamy Basil-Pine Nut Sauce


Last week I had a request. "Can we fend for ourselves one night?" J for some reason is not a big fan of some of my experiments and so last week while he ate something else entirely, what I haven't the faintest recollection. I myself had a lovely meal of fettuccine with creamy basil-pine nut sauce. Lovely may be a little strong of a word. This was a pretty good recipe. I modified a Cooking Light recipe to fit what I had and I must say that with a similar base you could probably pull off a sauce reminiscent of Alfredo sauce.

Fettuccine with Creamy Basil-Pine Nut Sauce (adapted from Cooking Light)
3 servings (serving size: 1 cups)

2 garlic cloves
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup light ricotta cheese
1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
2 teaspoons cooking sherry
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1 (9-ounce) package fresh fettuccine
Fresh basil leaves (optional)


  1. Place the garlic in a food processor, and pulse 2 to 3 times. Add basil and the next 5 ingredients (basil through pepper); process until smooth. Stir in pine nuts.
  2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Combine pasta and sauce in a large bowl; toss well. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment