Fish Sticks (adapted from eatingwell.com)
canola oil cooking spray
1/2 cup dry seasoned breadcrumbs
1 cup corn flake cereal
1 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 large egg whites, beaten
1 pound tilapia filets, cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Set a wire rack on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray.
- Place breadcrumbs, cereal flakes, lemon pepper, garlic powder, paprika and salt in a food processor process until finely ground. Transfer to a shallow dish.
- Place flour in a second shallow dish and egg whites in a third shallow dish.
- Coat each strip of fish in the flour, then the egg and then coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on wire rack.
- Coat both sides of the breaded fish with cooking spray.
- Bake until the fish is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
1 tsp olive oil
2 cups torn or sliced swiss chard
3 tbsp dried currants
2 tbsp pine nuts
salt and pepper, to taste
pinch dried rosemary
1 clove garlic
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Add currants and pine nuts and saute until pine nuts begin to turn golden brown.
- Add garlic and saute about 1 minute.
- Add swiss chard and rosemary and saute until wilted.
- Salt and pepper to taste.