You can make as much or as little as you like. For me 1 medium eggplant is 1 jar or maybe a little more. For each eggplant use 3-4 cloves of garlic. You also need white vinegar (enough to submerge eggplant, corn or vegetable oil (Never olive oil!), salt, crushed red pepper, and dried oregano. The crushed red pepper and oregano is really to taste.
- Slice eggplant longways and put in a colander over the sink. Each layer of eggplant should be salted as you put it in the colander.
- Put something heavy over the eggplant to press out the liquid (I used a plate with a large bottle of vinegar on top. Let eggplant sit for 2 hours.
- Squeeze the eggplant out thoroughly.
- Boil vinegar and pour on eggplant. Squeeze eggplant out again.
- Put eggplant in a bowl and pour oil over them. Mix will and add more oil.
- Add chopped garlic, hot pepper, and oregano and mix.
- Put a littl oil in jars and add eggplant halfway up jar. Add more oil and then fill will egpplant being sure the top is covered with oil.