Carrot Spice and Walnut Pie (adapted from allrecipes.com)
1 (9") pie crust, partially baked
1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into pieces
1/3 cup honey
5 tablespoons softened, unsalted butter
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam or boil carrots until soft and let partially cool.
- In a food processor, puree the carrots until smooth.
- Add honey, eggs, butter, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, nutmeg and walnuts and blend until smooth.
- Place carrot mixture in a bowl and fold sugars in gradually, getting out all the lumps.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake pie for 60-70 minutes. Serve warm or cold, with or without whipped cream. Refrigerate to store.