Quinoa Pilaf (adapted from Weight Watchers)
1 tsp canola oil
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
2 tbsp raisins
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 canned chicken broth
2 tbsp salted dry roasted pistachios, chopped
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallot and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until shallot is transparent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add quinoa; toast for 1 minute.
- Stir in raisins, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Pour in broth; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until quinoa bursts its skin, is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and fluff quinoa mixture with a fork.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with pistachios and cilantro.