Red Velvet Cheesecake (adapted from The Recipe Girl)
17 Oreos, finely crushed
1/4 cup melted butter
1 Tbsp sugar
3 8oz. packs cream cheese
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp white vinegar
2 1 oz. bottles red food coloring
- Combine crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into 9" springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare water bath: Fill roasting pan with 1 inch water. Heat in oven while oven is pregheating.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients and mix at a low speed until combined and pour into crust.
- Layer 2 sheets of foil wrap bottom of pan gently. Place pan into water bath.
- Bake 10 minutes and reduce heat to 300 degrees F. Bake 75 minutes or until center is firm.
- Turn off oven and let stand 30 minutes. Remove from oven and water bath and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Run a thin knife around edge of cheesecake and cook several hours until room temperature.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Remove sides of spring form pan.