Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Yummy Orange Peppers (with Chorizo)

For many weeks now, in our CSA box, we have been getting something called "Yummy Orange Peppers". J is extremely sick of peppers, especially considering that he doesn't like peppers. I have used the mostly in stir-frys but this time I was able to use the size to my advantage. I found a recipe for mini peppers on Martha Stewart's website. I modified it a little based on availability of ingredients. Basically you hollow out as many peppers as you are making. Stuff each one with a slice of dried Spanish chorizo. I used the large slices from the deli because the grocery store did not have the stick chorizo. Broil the peppers for 4-6 minutes until the skin is slightly charred.

I used these as a garnish for a salad which I dressed with a little white wine vinegar and olive oil. So easy and tasty, you can even make them as an appetizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment