Monday, June 14, 2010

Mexican Cheese Dip

Please excuse the grease in this picture, after I first baked this it was quite attractive. Then at the party I tried to microwave it to warm it back up and it separated a little so I had to mix it up and take the picture quick.

This is another recipe I copied down from when I moved out of my parents house. This particular recipe we had never actually tried but had always intrigued me. It came from a notebook of recipes my aunt had given my mother. It was filled with her favorite recipes. This was one of the recipes. Again, I wasn't going for health. This was a "soak up the booze" recipe so the party wouldn't get out of hand with a bunch of people drinking on empty stomachs. I was under the impression that there wouldn't be a lot of food there if I didn't bring some. There did happen to be cake, cupcakes, and a taco layer dip, so it wasn't as if they would have starved. It was another big hit. There was a little leftover because as it cools it doesn't do so well. I should have reheated it again. Don't worry about the separating; it's fine once you stir it up.

Mexican Cheese Dip (adapted from my aunt's recipe)
1/2 lb. pepper jack cheese
1/2 lb. swiss cheese
8 oz. Hellman's or Best Foods mayo
1 small can chopped green chilis
  1. Grate cheese.
  2. Mix mayo with cheese and chilis.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
  4. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment