Monday, May 9, 2011

Turkish Tomato Salad

It's a miracle, after several grueling months of translation class, I'm finally making my way back into the blogosphere. It's been quite a whirlwind. I've also been trying my hand at getting my garden together and now J is working at the factory again, so that means that I have more time than I had previously to write about the various foodstuffs being prepared in my kitchen.

Since we left off I have decided that I am slowly going to switch over to a more organic diet. I have switched my milk and I am buying some of my produce organic. As you know I am part of the Spiral Path CSA and unfortunately this year we are going to be pushed back a week with harvest because of the inclement weather. I am currently researching a CSA for non-certified organic meats.

Turkish Tomato Salad (adapted fromMyra Kornfled's The Healthy Hedonist)

3 tbsp pomegranate jelly, mixed with 2 tbsp water and melted in the microwave
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 bunch scallions, sliced
2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced
1 jalapeno, minced
1 large pinch kosher salt
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped

Toss all ingredients together and serve.

I marinated the salmon in a garlic marinade and broiled it. The whole meal was delicious.

1 comment:

  1. It does look perfect with the grilled salmon.

    ReplyDelete